Serolo Safari Camp
Serolo Safari Camp is located within the Northern Tuli Game Reserve along the shady floodplain of the Limpopo River, 600m from the river itself, under the many massive riverine trees including the magnificent Mashatu and tall Apple-leaf trees.
Tuli Wilderness’ private and exclusive 24 000 acre concession of Botswana wilderness makes an ideal getaway or stop-over point for travellers between Botswana and South Africa, as well as a unique and true African Safari Experience for International Guests.
The unfenced Serolo Safari Camp offers accommodation in five fully-serviced safari-style tents with each tent sleeping two persons.
There is also an additional self-contained self-catering unit. The tents are comprised of twin rooms and double rooms and have an electricity supply to them. There are en-suite
showers with hot water, flush toilets, bed linen, towels and amenities are provided.
There is a central lapa / dining area with a fire-pit on the main deck along with a splash pool which overlooks the
waterhole. Game such as Elephants, Leopard, Hyaena, Bushbuck, Bush Pig, Warthog and African Wild Cat may possibly be seen drinking at the waterhole just below the camp.
Two game drives take place daily and these are included in the rate. Morning game drives are usually around 3 – 4 hours in duration with a slightly shorter afternoon drive that usually extends into the darkness, including a bit of a night drive in the hope of finding some of the more elusive nocturnal wildlife. Your professional guide will also discuss with you the options of guided game-walks or a combination drive and walk. Make sure that you don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit and walk up the spectacular Eagle Rock!
Game such as Elephants, Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, spotted and brown hyena, a variety of Antelope, Bush Pig, Warthog and more may possibly be seen on Game Drives around the reserve. Birders will be pleasantly rewarded with sightings of many species occurring in this camp’s habitat: Meyer’s Parrot, Meve’s Starlings, Southern Black Tit, African Mourning Dove, African Scops-Owl visit all year and summer brings visitors like Broadbilled Roller, Eurasian Golden Oriole, Woodland Kingfisher and Levalliant’s Cuckoo. Raptors include Little Sparrowhawk and Gabar Goshawk.
- Please enquire directly for any specials and SADC Rates.
- A guest registration form is to be completed, signed and returned to our reservations department prior to or on arrival.
- Payment for extras can be made with us by cash, or by credit card.
- TW reserves the right to amend the published rates without notice. Please note that Tuli Wilderness’ rates are quoted in Pula and Rand, therefore TW reserves the right to amend the EURO / USD from time to time due to changes in rates of exchange.
Guests must check with us prior to arrival which border crossing to use if coming from South Africa in case the Limpopo River is in flood (November – April).
- Adults: pppn sharing – R 2 680 / BWP 1 915
- Adults: pppn single supplement – R 3 040 / BWP 2 170
- Children (2-12 yrs): pppn – R 1 335 / BWP 955
- Children: pppn single supplement – R 1 695 / BWP 1210
- Exclusive lodge rental (10 guests) – R 17 850 / BWP 12 750
All inclusive rates include four meals a day, tea/coffee as well as two game activities (i.e. professionally guided walks and/or game drives/night drives in an open 4×4 game-viewer).
- Adults: pppn sharing – R 1 675 / BWP 1 195
- Adults: pppn single supplement – R 2 030 / BWP 1 450
- Children (2-12 yrs): pppn – R 840 / BWP 600
- Children: pppn single supplement – R 1 190 / BWP 850
- Exclusive lodge rental (10 guests) – R 11 915 / BWP 8 510
Self-Catering Rate includes 2 Game Activities per day (i.e. professionally guided walks and/or game drives/night drives in an open 4×4 game-viewer).
Please note that there is an additional conservation levy charge of P100 per person per stay for SADC residents and P100 per person per night for international guests. This levy is paid on to the Tuli Conservation Trust (https://tulitrust.org) to assist in our conservation efforts in the reserve as well as to support our community outreach programme.
Deposits and Payments
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a reservation. TW reserves the right to cancel any such Provisional Reservation, where the 50% Deposit has not been received within 7 days of the Provisional Reservation being made. The balance is to be settled in full 30 days prior to the arrival of the guest(s) at Tuli Wilderness.
Check-in Time: 13h00
Tuli Wilderness reserves the right to charge the following cancellation charges:
- Less than 14 days prior to arrival 100% of total cost of the reservation
- 15 to 29 days prior to arrival 75% of total cost of the reservation
- 30 days or more prior to arrival 50% of total cost of the reservation
- In the event of a no-show, the total cost of the reservation will be charged for