Mohave Bush Camp
Mohave Bush Camp is a small and private rustic bush camp. The camp is located on the banks of the Mohave River in the Northern Tuli Game Reserve.
Tuli Wilderness’ private and exclusive 24 000 acre concession of Botswana wilderness makes an ideal getaway or stop-over point for travellers between Botswana and South Africa, as well as a unique and true African Safari Experience for International Guests.
The unfenced Mohave Bush Camp is rented at a daily self-catering rate and one has exclusive use of the entire camp, irrespective of number of persons but up to a maximum of 10 persons. Guests can upgrade to fully-catered at an additional cost.
The Camp offers accommodation in 5 units overlooking the dry Mohave River.
Two of the units have en-suite bathrooms whilst the other 3 units share two outdoor communal ablutions. All ablutions have flush toilets and hot water showers.
There is no electricity so lighting is provided using gas, paraffin and solar. There is a 220V electrical point which is used to charge electrical devices and phones.
Shower water is heated by a solar geyser and the cookers and freezer are gas-operated.
There is a central lapa / dining area with a fire-pit as well as a small splash pool. The night sounds heard at Mohave are magical and game such as Elephants, Lion, Brown and Spotted Hyaena, Civet, Genet and African Wild Cat may possibly be seen in and around the camp. The Mohave River is a hotspot for game movements and the remoteness of the camp ensures that you will truly feel that you are deep in the wilderness.
Mohave Bush Camp is charged at a daily self-catering rate and one has exclusive use of the entire camp, irrespective of number of persons but up to a maximum of 10 persons. Guests can upgrade to fully-catered option for an additional daily cost.
The daily rate includes the dedicated services of a professional guide and includes 2 daily activities (game drives, night drives and bush walks).
Camp attendants are on hand to lay the tables, wash up dishes, make fires, light lanterns and undertake all housekeeping duties.
We do also offer bush dinners or other special services at an additional charge should you be interested in a experience with a difference. Please enquire with us.
- Please enquire directly for any specials and SADC Rates
- A guest registration form is to be completed, signed and returned to our reservations department prior to or on arrival.
- Payment for extras can be made with us by cash, or by credit card. TW reserves the right to amend the published rates without notice. Please note that Tuli Wilderness’ rates are quoted in Pula and Rand, therefore TW reserves the right to amend the EURO / USD from time to time due to changes in rates of exchange.
- Guests must check with us prior to arrival which border crossing to use if coming from South Africa in case the Limpopo River is in flood (November – April)
Self-Catering Exclusive Camp Rental (10 Guests)
- 2022 RATE: R 8 450 / BWP 6 560 per night
- 2023 RATE: R 9 950 / BWP 7 400 per night
Exclusive Camp Rental includes two game activities daily (i.e. professionally guided walks and/or game drives/night drives in an open 4×4 game-viewer).
Upgrade to Fully Catered
- 2022 RATE: R 650 pppn / BWP 500 pppn
- 2023 RATE: R 700 pppn / BWP 520 pppn
The fully-catered upgrade includes four meals per day and tea/coffee.
Please note that there is an additional conservation levy charge of P100 per person per stay for SADC residents and P100 per person per night for international guests. This levy is paid on to the Tuli Conservation Trust (https://tulitrust.org) to assist in our conservation efforts in the reserve as well as to support our community outreach programme.
Deposits and Payments
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a reservation. TW reserves the right to cancel any such Provisional Reservation, where the 50% Deposit has not been received within 7 days of the Provisional Reservation being made. The balance is to be settled in full 30 days prior to the arrival of the guest(s) at Tuli Wilderness.
Check-in Time: 13h00
Click here to download the Mohave Bush Camp Information Sheet
Tuli Wilderness reserves the right to charge the following cancellation charges:
- Less than 14 days prior to arrival 100% of total cost of the reservation
- 15 to 29 days prior to arrival 75% of total cost of the reservation
- 30 days or more prior to arrival 50% of total cost of the reservation
- In the event of a no-show, the total cost of the reservation will be charged for8 4